Sunday, August 24, 2008

Have you been to the zoo lately?

We have! Friday I pulled Seth away from the store (actually I need to thank Anthony for working) and the fam headed to the Henry Doorly Zoo. Amazing! They do a great job of updating things and I am going to try to make the zoo a yearly adventure for us. Enjoy a few of our pics.

I thought the new butterfly exhibit was pretty - Daddy didn't quite agree.



The penguins. Of course my child had to run the whole length of the exhibit chasing after the swimming penguin!

Just hanging with Daddy in the Jungle.
"Biiiig monkey"

This little trooper walked most of the day. She had so much fun!

My precious little one was a trooper also. As long as she has her 1/4 inch thumb, she's good to go.

What a great day we had at the zoo! As we looked back on the day, I would have to say that my favorite exhibits were the ones that made Jorja's eyes light up. Monkeys, giraffes, elephants, tigers, and the fish swimming over her head were the highlights. What precious gems God has allowed us to raise. Praise Him!

4 comments:

S Club Mama said...

Fun! How was the butterfly exhibit? It opened the weekend AFTER we went for Mother's Day. Looks like you had a blast; so glad you got to go!

Anonymous said...

hey lady--i just wanted to (finally) thank you for your kind comment the other day...i cannot tell you in words how encouraging and sweet it was! I am also sad I didn't get to know you better, but such is life, isn't it? :) anyway, thanks for being the way you are!

and we went to the zoo with most of my family (mom-dad, my bro/his wife/their 3 kids, kurt and me) it was such a good time. Soon I am going to have to post new pics of the kids, and I got some great ones at the zoo!!!

anyway have a good day!

S Club Mama said...

http://thesclub.blogspot.com/2008/09/guess-what.html

Come check out your award!

Kathy said...

I think this blog needs an annoucment. :)

Praying this finds you all well!